Apple cider vinegar is produced during the fermentation of apples. In this process, sugar is fermented with yeast or bacteria added to apple juice and turned into vinegar.
How to Make Apple Cider Vinegar?
When making apple cider vinegar, first wash the apples and chop their peels. After removing the seeds, it is filled halfway into a glass jar. Then enough water to cover two fingers is poured on top.
You can add 1 to 3 spoons of apple cider vinegar as a yeast to the vinegar. Close it tightly and keep it in a place out of sunlight.
Your yeast vinegar will be ready for use within 40 days to 2 months. When the smell of vinegar starts to appear, you can strain it from time to time and keep it in a cool place. If you want the vinegar to have a sharper taste, you can add a spoon of honey. Your vinegar will be ready after two-three weeks.
You can also use the leftovers of apples to make apple cider vinegar . The benefits of apple cider vinegar are due to the abundant apple acid and potassium it contains. In addition, apple cider vinegar strengthens metabolism and increases energy, which is especially beneficial for the elderly.
What are the Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar?
The main component of apple cider vinegar is acetic acid. There are also different substances in apple cider vinegar such as citric, lactic and malic acid.
In a study, it was discovered that consumption of apple cider vinegar reduced blood sugar levels by an average of 31%. Similarly, another study gave apple cider vinegar to diabetic mice for four weeks and found that their blood sugar levels decreased significantly.
In a diabetes study, it was observed that consumption of apple cider vinegar increased insulin sensitivity by 34% in people with type 2 diabetes and insulin resistance .
There are many studies proving that apple cider vinegar facilitates weight loss. In a study that continued for 12 weeks , it was observed that people who consumed two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar a day lost 4 kg.
Apart from acetic acid, apple cider vinegar contains components such as lactic acid, succinic acid and citric acid. These acids have been shown to inhibit the growth of Propionbacterium acnes bacteria, which causes acne.
What Diseases Is Apple Cider Vinegar Good For?
Apple cider vinegar has many healthy properties, such as being antimicrobial and antioxidant. Apple cider vinegar also lowers cholesterol and helps lose weight.
The diseases that apple cider vinegar is good for can be listed as follows:
- Apple cider vinegaraids digestion, thins the blood, eliminates anemia, opens the veins, relaxes the nerves and regulates the menstrual cycle.
- Apple cider vinegar,if applied to the head, is good for hair loss, dandruff and headaches.
- If it is applied to eczema, psoriasis or herpes, improvement is observed.
- If apple cider vinegarand senna are boiled together, it heals wounds.
- Drinking apple cider vinegarcuts phlegm and stops bleeding.
- Soaking a piece of cotton or wool in apple cider vinegar prevents newly formed bumps from swelling and prevents old wounds from growing.
- In cases of fever, olive oil and apple cider vinegarcan be mixed and applied to the head. Apple cider vinegar relieves headaches, and applying it to a feverish body reduces fever.
- Dissolving alum in vinegar and rinsing the mouth with it strengthens teeth and gums.
- Steaming with vinegar vapor opens the sinuses and relieves cough. In addition, apple cider vinegar,which is good for all kinds of poisoning , also purifies all kinds of water.
- Grape and apple cider vinegarreplace lemon juice.
Does Apple Cider Vinegar Help You Lose Weight?
Scientific research shows that apple cider vinegar helps people lose weight. Vinegar increases the feeling of fullness, causes you to eat less and helps you lose weight.
Another study found that participants consuming apple cider vinegar with a high-carb meal caused them to consume around 200-275 fewer calories for the rest of the day, resulting in an increased feeling of fullness.
In a study conducted among 175 people with obesity, it was observed that daily consumption of apple cider vinegar reduced belly fat.
1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (12 ml) caused a loss of 1.2 kg. 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (30 ml) caused a loss of 1.7 kg.
However, do not dream of losing weight by relying on vinegar and eating lots of food. If you want to lose weight in the long term, you can choose the diet that suits you from our online diet program.
But it is not good to drink vinegar constantly. It is necessary to perform cures for 2-3 weeks, taking a break of 3-4 months (30-50 grams of vinegar should be drunk with water every morning).
In the Hadith narrated by Hazrat Jabir (ra): “Allah Almighty assigns two angels to the person who eats vinegar, and they pray for forgiveness until he eats it.” It is commanded.
Natural apple and grape vinegar should not be mixed with vinegar acid. Vinegar acid (vinegar spirit) is a severe poison and causes destruction to all organs and systems.