“Pistachio” got its name because the fi rst pistachio businesses were established in Gaziantep, which is why it took its name from this city. Pistachios, in addition to preventing many health problems such as anemia and diabetes, are also a shell-covered fruit that does not cause weight gain.
Benefi ts of Pistachios
Benefi cial for Diabetes:
Pistachios are eff ective in reducing blood sugar levels and are a benefi cial snack for those with diabetes.
With its high iron content, pistachios can help alleviate anemia, especially in children and women.
Does Not Cause Weight Gain:
Despite having a high-calorie content, pistachios do not cause weight gain as they are converted into energy due to their high fat content.
Pistachios can help prevent certain types of cancer by increasing good cholesterol, reducing bad cholesterol, and containing a high level of antioxidants and resveratrol.
Other Benefi ts of Pistachios
- Helps reduce fatigue.
- Strengthens the body and mind.
- Provides energy when consumed, with just 100 grams being revitalizing.
- Relieves kidney pain.
- Benefi cial for heart health.
- Supports regular bowel movements.
- Soothes coughs and softens the chest.
- Eases gallbladder pain.
- Aids in the elimination of kidney and bladder stones.
- Raises blood sugar levels.
- Enhances sexual desire.
- Alleviates lung infl ammation.
- Lowers cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Rich in vitamins E, C, and B.
- Contains more dietary fi ber than potatoes, wheat, and rice.
How Many Pistachios Should You Consume?
- For daily fat intake: You can eat up to 10 pistachios per day.
- For vitamins B1, phosphorus, B3, B6, A, pro-vitamin, and B12, 100 grams of pistachios are sufficient.
Characteristics of Pistachio Oil
- Contains unsaturated fatty acids such as Omega-3 and Omega-6.
- Rich in thiamine (B1), niacin (B3), pyridoxine (B6), vitamin A, pro-vitamin, and B12.
- Has a more delicious taste compared to other oils.
- Used in pastry, desserts, fi sh, and salads.
- Pistachio oil, rich in vitamin E, delays aging.
- Eff ective for burns and skin lesions.
- Helps lower cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Applied topically, pistachio oil reduces wrinkles.
How to Use Pistachio Oil
- Can be applied directly to the body.
- It can be consumed orally by mixing with honey.
- Applied directly as a balm on wounds that are 3-4 days old.
- Can be consumed by taking 1 teaspoon daily.
Hazards of Pistachios
- Individuals with high cholesterol should not consume excessive amounts of pistachios.
- Due to its high oil content, pistachios can cause acne when applied to the skin.
- Excessive consumption can lead to weight gain.
- It may cause allergies in individuals with